Lending Services

NHSNYC is committed to helping you navigate through the difficult times we are facing. If you have a mortgage with us and have been affected by COVID-19, please call 866.397.5370
NHSNYC prepares individuals and families for the responsibilities of homeownership, empowers them to make smart decisions throughout the homebuying process, and connects them to the most affordable mortgage products, including any downpayment and/or closing cost assistance programs for which they may qualify.


  • Affordable loans for both purchase and refinance
  • Eligible properties include 1-4 family homes, condos, Mitchell-Lama cooperatives and HDFCs within the New York metropolitan area
  • Low down payments with a combined loan-to-value of 97%
  • Minimum required FICO score of 620
  • 30 year mortgages


  • “Gap loan” to assist with closing on a purchase
  • All properties are eligible if within New York State
  • Loans up to $65,000
  • 15 year repayment term


  • Moderate, mixed-use and emergency loans to make critical home repairs
  • Eligible properties include 1-4 family homes, condos, cooperatives mixed-use buildings (up to 20 units)
  • Loans up to $150,000
  • 15 year repayment term


Learn More

  • Low- or no interest and potentially forgivable loans of up to $60,000 per home, with an additional $30,000 per additional rental unit
  • Financing for home repairs to eligible owners of one- to four-family homes in New York City
  • Anticipated maximum loan amount of $150,000 for a four-family home, with a maximum loan amount as follows: 1 unit: $60,000 / 2 units: $90,000 / 3 units: $120,000 / 4 units: $150,000

Funding provided by the NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development.


  • Grant amount up to 60% cost of repair while financing remaining 40%
  • Must be paired with rehabilitation loan with 15 year repayment term
  • Grants to improve, acquire and rehabilitate or construct up to $8,830 per unit
  • For households with less than 112% of Area Median Income

Funding provided by New York State.


Learn More

  • Conditional emergency home repair loans/grants for 1-4 family homes within the five New York City boroughs
  • Loans/grants up to $20,000 based on construction need
  • Funding is limited; first-come, first-served basis

Funding provided by the New York City Council. Program is overseen by the New York City Department of Housing Preservation & Development.

2020 Project HELP has ended

  • $20,000 down payment assistance for owner-occupied detached homes, townhouses, condos, 1-4 unit property or Planned Unit Development located in Brooklyn, Bronx or Queens
  • Homebuyer education to prepare financials for homeownership
  • Not limited to first-time homebuyer

Program administered in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America.

Funds are fully committed at this time.

Additional Resources:
NHSNYC responds to all applications and inquiries within 2-business days. If urgent or if you do not hear from us within 48-hours, please contact our Lending Department at (212) 519-2538 or email Lending@nhsnyc.org.
Translate »