Job Title: Intake Specialist
Reports to: Director of Homeownership
Job Location: Corporate Office
Position Summary: We seek an Intake Specialist to join our highly productive Homeownership Department. The Intake Specialist is the first point of contact for clients and NHS partners and must maintain a cordial and professional attitude in person and on the telephone. The Intake Specialist is responsible for maintaining standard operating office procedures and performing support services for the programs. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have a high standard of ethics and strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the first point of contact for the counselor’s intake process, meets with clients, collects documents, sets up files and makes sure that files are completed prior to the clients’ meetings with the counselors.
- Schedules appointments for counselors and follows up with clients as per counselors and management request.
- Answers the telephone, screens call, transfers call and takes messages when appropriate
- Assists counselors with the coordination and delivery of counseling and educationalprograms
- Inputs all data into CounselorMax and other information as instructed by counselors.
- Input all events on the website and pull payment reports to submit to accounting
- Proactively manage workload, calendar, and client appointments to help meet the goals of the organization and serve the client effectively.
- Adhere to all guidelines related to the confidentiality of client records and information and requirements per the HUD Housing Counseling Handbook and National Industry Standards for Homebuyer Education, Financial Coaching and Foreclosure Prevention
- Accurately and timely enter data into the organization’s client management system CounselorMax.
- Maintain contact with clients and follow-up until termination/an outcome is reached.
- Contribute to the process of preparing regularly reports as needed.
- Assists the team with special projects as assigned and other tasks deemed necessary to achieve overall goals and operate a successful program.
- Participate/conduct homeownership program outreach events virtually or face to face to meet the goals.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma.
- At least one year customer service experience
- At least one year of experience in the affordable housing field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Communication: strong interpersonal and communication skills, actively listens to needs of callersand presents ideas and thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Critical Thinking: Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Positive Attitude: Finds the most effective and efficient way to complete tasks, regardless of obstacle, while continually offering support to peers through quality teamwork.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: able to accept change and engage it.
- Active/Continuous Learner: recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and actively seeks skills,techniques, and methods to develop and enrich.
- Multitask: excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Neighborhood housing Services of New York Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.