Job Title: Marketing and Community Engagement Assistant
Reports to: Director of Programs & Operations
Job Location: Corporate Office – 306 W. 37th Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Position Summary: NHSNYC is looking for an experienced individual to coordinate and assist with the marketing and community engagement activities of all NHSNYC products and services. Guided by NHSNYC’s marketing and community engagement plan and managerial staff, the Marketing and Community Engagement Assistant will use simple marketing strategies, media, and grassroots efforts (e.g., print, digital, and events) to launch and position products and services to the wider community. NHSNYC is a goal-oriented organization that values hard work and commitment to excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day-to-day support of our social media and manage the social media calendar. Brainstorm campaign ideas and collaborate with management to create marketing content, digital and print materials as needed (informational and event flyers, one-pagers, invitations, etc.).
- Research potential grassroots partnerships and efforts that will help NHSNYC expand their reach within the community.
- Post on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Post events to NHSNYC’s website.
- Attend NHSNYC events to record video and take pictures.
- Monitor NHSNYC marketing email.
- Sort through company photos and upload them on NHS website or gala slideshows.
- Assist with podcast ideation and launching
- Draft standard emails for correspondence or other administrative tasks, as needed.
- High School Diploma. (Required)
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience in creating digital and print
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Excel, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Canva
or similar programs
- Background in housing, property management, and tenant/community organizing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Communication: strong interpersonal and communication skills, actively listens to the needs of callers, and presents ideas and thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Critical Thinking: Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Positive Attitude: Finds the most effective and efficient way to complete tasks, regardless of the obstacle, while continually offering support to peers through quality teamwork.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: able to accept change and engage it.
- Active/Continuous Learner: recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and actively seeks skills, techniques, and methods to develop and enrich.
- Multitask: excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Neighborhood housing Services of New York Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.